Many people get their health benefits through the Medicaid Program. Most people are generally healthy, however, others may have chronic health problems. Many are unable to find providers and services, which makes it hard for people to get well and stay healthy. The goal of UCHCs Health Home program is to make sure, you, our patient, is receiving the care and services you need.
A ´Health Home´ is not a physical place; it is a group of UCHC health care and service providers working together to make sure you get the care and services you need to stay healthy. Once you are enrolled the Health Home program, you will have a care manager that works with you to develop a care plan. A care plan maps out the services you need, to put you on the road to better health. Some of the services may include:
• Connecting to health care providers,
• Connecting to mental health and substance abuse providers,
• Connecting to needed medications,
• Help with housing,
• Social services (such as food, benefits, and transportation) or,
• Other community programs that can support and assist you.